History of Lumpkin County
Lumpkin County was created on Dec. 3, 1832 by an Act of the General Assembly of the State of Georgia (Ga. Laws 1832, p. 56). This page leads to interesting facts in Lumpkin County history and will develop further with time. Please click the links t below to see the full article:
- A brief History of Lumpkin County.
- The first telephone call - 1881.
- Legal Hangings - 1844.
- There's millions in it! - 1849.
- The mystery of the soapstone grave marker - Tab and Slot tombs.
- The Branch Mint at Dahlonega - 1835.
- The Gold Rush - 1828.
- Probable first use of Hydraulic Mining - 1857.
- Gold Mining in Georgia - 1879, Harper's