located around Cane Creek Falls. The camp is a ministry of the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church that was founded by Fred Glisson in 1925. Since then thousands of children have participated in its programs. Jennifer Richardson has been involved with the Camp since she was a young girl and eventually wrote Holy Dirt, a history of Camp Glisson from 1925 to 2000. Her love for the place is obvious as she described its history and mission to the March 2014 meeting of the Society. Here she is in her own words.
Posted 26 March 2014 by Manny Carvalho