This page documents activities by the Society and its members. Scheduled events may be modified or alternate programs presented. If a blue link is available in the title please click it to view an article on past programs. The newsletter describes this programs
January: Business Meeting and Copper Mining in Lumpkin Co. by Chris Worick
February: Memories of Amy Trammell by Larry Scott;
March: Antebellum Lighting Technology by Douglas Carson,
May: A Look Back; 60 Years of the Lumpkin County Historical Society by Chris Worick
June: Geology, Gold and the Making of Georgia by Dr. Bill Witherspoon
July: Show and Tell
August: History of Community Canning by Sharon Thomason
October: Georgia Pick & Bow Traditional Music
November: Searching For Beulah Buchanan by Dan Roper
- January: Law & Early Lumpkin Co. Societal Development - David Connolly
- February: The Chestatee, River of Lights - Percy Jones, Anne Amerson, Jack Anthony and Robert Fuller
- March : The Plunderer Comes to Town by Anne Amerson & Chris Worick
- April: Awards program
- May: Eighth Grade History Essay & Appalachian Weaving by Jo-Marie Karst
- June: The Cabin in the Laurel
- July: Show and Tell
- August: James "Free Jim" Bosclair by Chris Worick
- September: Field Trip to Lydia School
- October: Porter Springs Hotel, “Queen of the Mountains” by Anne Amerson
- November: Private Tour of Price Memorial Hall
- December: Holidays and Guy Middleton on McAdams: An American Legend.
- January: Dahlonega Occupied - Chris Worick
- February: "Amy and Bill Trammell, A Valentine's Tale. - Larry Scott
- March: Scots/Irish influence on Appalachian Culture - Paul Brown.
- April: Awards program
- May: Mystery of the Trail Trees - Don Wells.
- June: Auraria 1832; America's First Gold Rush Boom Town - Chris Worick
- July: Field trip; The Mound Builders of Etowah - Ken Aiken
- August: Field Trip; Byron Herbert Reece Farm and Heritage Center - Marilou Kinney
- September:The Duckett Site Excavation of 2013 - Jack T. Wynn
- October: Memories of Gold Rush Days - Sallie Sorohan
- November: Show and Tell
- January: The Smulian Log Cabin - Alice Sampson.
- February: The Gold Digger's Road - Chris Worick.
- March: Reflections on William B. Townsend - Wayne Knuckles.
- April: Marilyn K. Anthony Awards program.
- May: TBA -Ray Rensi/Sallie Sorohan.
- June: Gold at Pigeon Roost - Al Adams and Fred Holabird.
- July: Bean Creek Settlement: African Americans in the Sautee and Nacoochee valleys - Caroline Crittenden.
- August: Field trip to Nacoochee Valley Farm - Manny Carvalho.
- September: Matthew Stephenson - Chris Worick.
- October: TBA - Janet Barger
- November: Etowah Indian Mounds Historic Site -Ken Aiken